Monday, December 21, 2009

Oshieo

I found this word for word translation of a Queen song both interesting and beautiful.
Had I found it earlier I would have called a recent post about night time mountain biking "Hikario tomoshi."



Teo Torriatte konomama iko
Let us cling together as the years go by

Teo: hand/hands [doesn't distinguish between number]
Torriatte: hold
konomama: as it is
iko: go

Aisuruhito yo
Oh my love, my love

Aisuruhito: to a loved one
yo: dear

Shizukana yoi ni
In the quiet of the night

Shizukana: silent
yoi: night/dusk
ni: in/at

Hikario tomoshi
Let our candle always burn

Hikario: light/lamp
tomoshi: turn on; conected with fire [very poetic expresion]

Itoshiki oshieo idaki
Let us never lose the lessons we have learned

Itoshiki: lovely
oshieo: a word from God/instructions/something given by a respected or
highly educated person or persons [a very religious word]
idaki: keep/have



No comments: