Sunday, October 5, 2008

Silent Night

In Primary school my classmates and I were weekly dragged along to a singing session. With little joy we murdered various songs of dubious merit - including, toward the end of the academic year (which, on the wrong side of the world, was near Christmas) Silent Night

Although I viewed the forthcoming summer holiday with eager anticipation, the change of school year was an upheaval which I didn't care for. So as Silent Night sends me spiralling back to being a slightly confused child, it has a mournful overtone to me.

You will not hear any of this of course - but maybe like me - you will like Fredo Viola's precise falsetto. Or the Hockney-esque collage video. Pause for a minute and watch, I find it hypnotic.

http://fredoviola.com/media/opus/silent_night

No comments: